Experiential Therapy Training
Expressive arts therapies offer powerful tools for healing and transformation, using drama, music, movement, art, imagery, poetry, and writing.
This training for mental health professionals provides a framework for weaving together a variety of verbal and expressive therapy techniques.
The material is applicable across all theoretical orientations, including psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, interpersonal, and solution-focused. Participants will have opportunities to develop increased skill and comfort with experiential methods, and will learn how to integrate these new skills into their own style of practice.
No arts experience is necessary. Because of the experiential nature of the training, learning will take place on both a personal and a professional level.
- Develop skills to expand on verbal methods, incorporating somatic experience and expression
- Learn specific strategies and generate ideas for working with drama, movement, music, voice, writing, imagery, art, and ritual
- Discover how to create “aha” moments
- Gain experience flowing between verbal and experiential realms
- Enhance your repertoire of tools for helping clients to get “unstuck”
- Experience your own abundant spontaneity and creativity